New pop-up store increases exhibitors’ brand awareness and knowledge of the market pre-fair
Exhibiting at Interior Lifestyle China is not just about the fair itself. Ms Wen continued: “Another reason for the increase in international participation this edition is the comprehensive, year-round marketing campaign that we offer to exhibitors. In particular, for the first time this year, we will run a pop-up store in a shopping mall in a high-end Shanghai neighbourhood which has attracted the participation of around 10 international brands. This provides a unique opportunity for exhibitors to test the market and adjust their strategy accordingly, show to potential industry partners how their products can be successfully displayed and marketed to Chinese buyers, and increase brand awareness leading up to the fair. This is ideal for smaller brands in the giving, design and innovative product categories, who don’t have the resources that the bigger players do, to make an impact in the Chinese market before and during the fair.”
Some of the exhibitors involved in this store include 24Bottles, Areaware, Brabantia, Fermob, Fine Lumens, Hoptimist, Joseph Joseph, Marlab, SELETTI / DIESEL with SELETTI, SMEG, Umbra, ZERO JAPAN and Zuny. In addition to taking place for around 10 weeks before Interior Lifestyle starts, the same concept is extend to the fair itself, with the store located in a prime position in the Giving Hall. The design of the store for each location is a carefully curated lifestyle scenario to ensure maximum promotion opportunities for the participating brands.
Other opportunities for overseas exhibitors before, during and after the fair include:
- Roadshows: international brands can participate in a series of roadshows promoting the fair and its exhibitors, which are held in high-end department stores around China before the fair. These are held in cities strategically chosen for their potential for quality overseas brands to expand into.
- Press conference: held shortly before the fair opens, this closed-door event will host selected exhibitors, VIP buyers, cooperating partners and key media outlets.
- Media coverage: Interior Lifestyle China has long-standing partnerships with all the major domestic and international industry publications in China.
- WeChat promotion: China’s ‘super app’, the fair’s official account has over 16,000 followers who pay close attention to international trends and products.
- Business matching service: a tailor-made business matching service assists exhibitors to meet more high-potential buyers. The fair’s VIP Buyer Club is comprised of over 400 high-end buyers including upscale department stores, large scale retailers, wholesalers, importers and hotels.
- Store visits: exhibitors have the opportunity to visit select lifestyle stores in Shanghai to gain more in-depth knowledge of the retail scene in the city.
- Homestyle Awards: the only competition of its kind in China’s household products industry, entering this competition is a chance for exhibitors to show their innovation and design credentials.
- ilc shop: the ilc shop is an online B2B platform enabling businesses worldwide to purchase exhibitors’ products all-year-round.
Ongoing growth in Chinese market another draw for international brands
A further reason for the increased interest in the fair by overseas brands is the continued strength of the Chinese consumer market. A 2018 report by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade estimated that total retail sales of consumer goods in 2018 will achieve nominal growth of 10%, totalling some USD 6 trillion. Of particular interest to overseas brands is the growth in China’s middle class, which The Economist anticipates will exceed 470 million by 2020. By then, urban private consumption in China is expected to rise from the current USD 3.2 trillion to USD 5.6 trillion, and total consumption of both the middle and affluent classes will account for 81% of China’s total consumption.
Interior Lifestyle China 2018 is organised by Messe Frankfurt (Shanghai) Co Ltd. For more information about the fair, please visit http://interior-lifestyle-china.hk.messefrankfurt.com.
Notes to editors:
Download picture at the bottom of this page.
Further press information & picture material
Follow Interior Lifestyle China on social media
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500* employees at some 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €661* million. Thanks to its far-reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services.
With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
*preliminary numbers 2017
For more information, please visit our website at:
www.messefrankfurt.com | www.congressfrankfurt.de | www.festhalle.de